Glad to see my story on Pam Grier is on this month's cover! Here's a press release form the publishers.
The new season of Cinema Retro (Season 11) is now upon us. Subscribers in the UK and Europe already have issue #31 in their hot little hands. We expect the new issue to arrive in our American offices by the first week of February. There was a two-week delay to due factors outside our control relating to shipping schedules in the UK over the holidays that resulted in a backlog of cargo shipments. Rest assured, the minute it arrives, it will be mailed out to our readers in America, Canada, South and Central America, Asia and Australia.
This issue is loaded with exciting articles including:
- A tribute to the immortal Pam Grier, the "First Lady" of kick-ass cinema.
- Revisiting "Bandolero!" starring Raquel Welch, Dean Martin and James Stewart
- Exclusive interview with film preservationist Charles Cohen of the Cohen Film Collection.
- Our "Film in Focus" is a lengthy article dedicated to that great 1970's film noir flick "Farewell My Lovely" with Robert Mitchum as Philip Marlowe- with exclusive insights from director Dick Richards.
- Celebrating the life and career of director Ted Post ("Hang 'Em High", "The Harrad Experiment", "Magnum Force", "Beneath the Planet of the Apes")
- "James Bond's Portugal"- some of the key locations then and now.
- Reliving the wonders of VistaVision
- "The New Avengers" at Pinewood Studios
- Richard Burton and Rex Harrison as gay lovers in the forgotten gem "Staircase"
- plus: "Bite the Bullet", Hammer star Olinka Berova, "Mark of the Devil", Raymond Benson's Ten Best Films of 1950, Joe Namath as "The Last Rebel", the "Gamma 1" sci-fi cult movies, latest DVD, film book and soundtrack reviews.